Electors' Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
The preparation of EPIC for the electors in the State is entrusted to the Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd (KELTRON) which is appointed as the State Level Agency (SLA) of the Election Dept. The entire Operation is under the direct control and supervision of the Election machinery in the State.
The distribution of EPIC was started on 10 th January 1997 and has been completed in two phases. During the I st Phase ie, from Jan 1997 to March 1999, 1,53,60,408 EPICs were issued and in the second phase , ie, from June 2000 to Dec 2003 the remaining electors were also provided EPICs. At present Kerala has attained 100% coverage in the distribution of EPIC. All the electors newly enrolled in the electoral rolls are photographed and issued with EPIC immediately. The main features of EPIC distribution in Kerala are
- EPICs are issued online.
- The photographs and data are stored in three places viz, (Tahsildar)ERO, (District Collector) DEO and (Chief Electoral Officer)CEO’s Office.
- Duplicate EPICs are issued on demand.
- Address changes are effected in EPIC using stickers.
- Fully equipped Computer units and operators are available for every Assembly Constituency.
- Preparation and distribution of EPIC under the direct control of Tahsildar(ERO)
H O M E
Copyright © 2004, Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Kerala
All rights reserved